A Brief History of a Cumbrian Hamlet
Researched by Frank Bewley and Kathryn Atkinson Web site by Frank Bewley
Click any picture to see an enlarged version and use browser return button to return to originating screen.
Apart from those above no other living person is identified in this publication.
It's history is synonymous with the history of Blackhall Park Estate
(also called Blackwell Park in some records)
Blackhall Park Farm
Until recent times the owner of Blackhall Park
also owned all eight cottages, the two farms of
Orchard House, Burthwaite Croft and the
small holding of Burthwaite Villa (now Thwaite House).
Our story begins with the birth of John Pearson
christened on 23 Oct 1787 son of Adam Pearson
farmer of Bell Bridge Sebergham his wife Elizabeth.
John Pearson’s wife Ann was born at Hawkesdale
and christened on 26th January 1799 at Dalston.
Daughter of John Harrison of Hawkesdale,
a weaver and his wife Anne.
On 18th March 1837 Elizabeth Pearson daughter
of John Pearson and Ann was christened at
St Cuthbert’s Carlisle, he is shown as a Yeoman
of Blackhall Park Estate.